This Radisson airport hotel, located in Richmond, BC, is about a five-minute shuttle ride to the airport. The central location is smack dab in the middle of downtown Richmond, with the Aberdeen Mall across the street (there are lots of tasty restaurants in there!), the Yaohan Centre also across the street, and the President Plaza in the same parking lot.
How often can you book an “airport hotel” and still be in walking distance of the downtown core?
The Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport is a classy and upscale accommodation. Combining 11 stories and 185 guest rooms, all are clean, modern and furnished elegantly. It was nice to have a mini fridge and a sink area with a coffee/tea maker.
I took advantage of the indoor swimming pool and Whirlpool when I stayed here. There is a full fitness centre as well, although no steam room or sauna.
What I liked:
- The central location in downtown Richmond, while still being less than 10 minutes away from the Vancouver International Airport by free shuttle service.
- The fitness centre and pool allowed for natural light and weren’t the dinky box-like rooms that you sometimes find in hotels.
- The windows in all of the guestrooms open. Like, for about four inches, you can get real, fresh air from the outside!
- Aberdeen Centre is right across the street with, not only shopping, but some great restaurants. I tried the Shanghai-style Northern Delicacy restaurant, which serves modern Chinese cuisine in a very elegant setting.
- Radisson hotels have the Sleep Number Beds (where you can adjust each side of the bed to a specific firmness or softness). It was my first time actually testing this type of bed and I went with the sleep number of 35. It was pretty good, but I think I’ll try a bit firmer next time.