Next stop, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan in Canada. A downtown hotel in Saskatoon is easy to find, most notably the Delta Bessborough, which I stayed at on my last trip here.
This time, because I was attending the Vesna Festival of Ukrainian Dance, I booked into the Hilton Garden Inn hotel in Saskatoon, across the street from the festival at TCU Place.
Located right on the edge of the downtown core, nearer to the airport, the access was perfect for me. It’s also a few minutes walk to the cluster of restaurants on 2nd Avenue and just a few blocks further to the waterfront walking path.
Rooms are clean and comfortable, without being fancy. This family-friendly hotel in Saskatoon has a pool with a kid’s shallow section and a small play area for children beside it.
The restaurant has a nice breakfast buffet in the morning, with custom made eggs, lots of pastries, cereal and, what always makes me happy, tons of fresh fruit ($8.95 CAD).
The staff were very friendly and helpful with a few special requests of mine. Always a plus was the free wireless internet provided throughout the hotel and if you don’t have a laptop, the business centre has two computers to use.
What I liked:
- In the business centre, there is free printing for guests. If you have a laptop and want to stay in your room, just follow the instructions in the room and you can print from there and pick up your papers the next time you go to the lobby.
- The heated pool was actually heated. At some hotels, especially lately for some reason, the pools are so cold that I have to run on the spot to get my blood moving before in jump in. I LOVED this pool
- The guest room windows open a few inches to let in natural air, which is always such a treat. There is even a screen to prevent any unwanted flies from coming in.
- A microwave is set up in each room, which is nice if you want to bring in a pastry to heat up for breakfast or just grab something small to heat later.
- There is a tiny provisions store beside the front desk. I find these very handy if I forget something or want to grab a chocolate bar quickly.